Balsamic Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters are inexpensive, humble chicken leg quarters that get a makeover for the BEST juicy roasted chicken I have ever had! Perfect for an easy dinner.
Hey there humble little chicken leg quarters. Yes, they may not sound too exciting and you may have even over looked them in the store as I have done many times. But before you stroll pass them again, you need to trust me and just grab a pack because we need to make Balsamic Roasted Chicken. It will change you forever.
(Don’t quote me on that)
All about the chicken leg <-eww
But seriously…if these little leggy guys hadn’t had a big ole fat red sale sticker on them I would have missed out on the delicious tender juicy meat that they create! Even without the sale leg quarters are actually very reasonable and pack on way more meat that chicken wings or regular chicken legs.
Roasting your chicken & why you need to try it NOW
As you have probably noticed, we stick to sautéing chicken breasts about 90% of the time and baking our chicken in the casserole form the remaining 10%. Since we were making life adventurous (<-it doesn’t take much) by purchasing leg quarters, I figured we might as well be completely wild and roast them. Umm…BEST. CHOICE. EVER.
Roasting allowed me to do everything in my life other than stand by the pan and watch the bird cook. And if the whole idea of your dinner cooking itself isn’t enough…roasting created the juiciest most flavorful chicken I have ever had. CHICKEN. We all know we pretty much eat chicken because it is lean, cheap and easy…not really for the flavor bomb in your mouth. But with the hint of balsamic and crispy salty skin, we may ALL be changing our minds about these not-so-photogenic guys.
Try roasting some vegetables towards the end of the cooking time and you wont even need to worry about sides! #winningIf you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations! 💕
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken on a slotted baking sheet and separate the skin from the chicken to create a pocket. (the skin will naturally separate, so this won't be difficult and may not even require a knife)
- Spread half olive oil on each chicken quarter, covering the whole chicken, on top of the skin and under the pocket.
- Repeat process with balsamic vinegar, spreading half of the vinegar on each piece.
- Sprinkle remaining seasonings on each piece and place in the oven for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, raise the heat to 400 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until the chicken reaches 150-160 degrees. (keep in mind the chicken will continue to cook a bit after removing from oven)
- All the chicken to set for at least 5 minutes before serving.
*I prepared this for two, however, you can easily double for a family serving of 4.