I wish I could put this in your face right NOW.
Well, it sort of is in your face, but more like through the computer screen and into your MOUTH kinda thing, because it is that good.
I know how I was just talking about my fear of meat with no feet ->this post<- and how I have overcome that fear. With this new confidence, I was dying to try our new favorite fish caramelized, because doesn’t that word just make you smile?
You can admit it, trust me, I won’t judge because I get goose bumps.
The thought of savory things with a beautiful golden brown sweet glaze was exactly what I wanted for dinner that night.
I had no clue how easyyyyyyy it was to achieve that yumminess in my kitchen! Where have you been all my life, caramelization?! I know, I called Steven in the kitchen to look at the salmon in the skillet at least twice because I was so impressed with myself.
But I promise this entire post isn’t about caramelizing…it seems that way, but it’s not. It is about that gorgeous flat bread that has all the ingredients on our next grocery list, and the one after that.
I will give you this, there is a tiny bit of prep work, but know that anytime I ask you to prep…worth it.
Some chopping, a little sauteing, the caramelizing, layering and heating up in the oven and you will have an A+ flatbread on your table!
Just check out those colors 😀
Before you order pizza tonight…bring dinner up a few levels.
Enter: Caramelized Salmon Flatbread.
Not to mention all that cheese is certainly justified by the veggies we loaded on ze bread! 🙂
Oh, and I think the caramelized salmon I was chewing on may have had me a bit delirious, so forgive the extensive photo sesh for this peeerrty meal.
K thanks 😀
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations! ?
- 1 lb fresh salmon, chopped
- 2 small flat breads (I used Naans)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 peppers, diced (yellow and orange)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- **For Salmon Sugar Rub**
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and combine salmon sugar rub in large bowl.
- Add salmon to bowl and coat with the rub. Set aside.
- Prepare ingredients (peppers, spinach and garlic) and set aside.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large skillet and saute garlic slices on a low heat until golden brown and remove garlic to cool.
- Add the peppers to garlic oil and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender, then add chopped spinach until wilted.
- Divide pepper and spinach mixture between the flat breads, mince the roasted garlic slices and sprinkle over vegetables. Top with fresh mozzarella slices.
- Add chopped salmon pieces to medium heat skillet and allow to brown on each side. (approximately 2-3minutes on each side, about 6minutes total).
- Add cooked salmon to the flat bread and top with feta cheese. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until flat bread has become slightly crispy and cheese has melted.