Oh dear oven. Don’t you just love finding recipes where you sort of throw everything in a dish and the oven whips up it’s magic and *poof* 30 minutes later you have hot cheesy glorious dinner? ME TOO. I bring you that very oven dinner, Chicken Broccoli Mozzarella Bake, AKA your dinner tonight…I can feel it. ?
With only SIX ingredients-chicken,Boar’s Head Honey Mustard, olive oil, broccoli, mozzarella & Salt n’ Pepper (don’t even…salt and pepper totally count as one ingredient…frivolous details, my dears…frivolous) and 5 minutes to prep for the oven! I must be a stickler about one thing though, please useBoar’s Head Honey Mustard. At least try it once!
A couple of weeks ago we hit the road for Jacksonville, Florida for a quick one night R&R and to enjoy the beach scene. While it was far too cold for this Georgia gal to enjoy the water, we built up a substantial appetite walking along the beach terrorizing the seagulls. Maybe it is just us but sometimes we (read, I) can’t decide what sounds good to my taste buds. We pass hundreds of options and I simply can’t commit. And then we are starving and have passed all eateries and hangry mode is in full gear. This exact situation happened while heading back from the beach and we agreed to just stop at the next location offering anything edible, which turned out to be Publix.
This is vacation for us, people. Lunch at Publix.
But before you judge us too harshly, I have to tell you this was the most impressive Publix I have ever entered and they literally had an entire café! We grabbed chicken tenders, potato wedges and mac n’ cheese because…balanced meals are our thing (did I mention we were on vacation ?) and grabbed these little packets of honey mustard (yes this story has a point, and I am getting to it) and began digging in. I was TAKEN with the rich honey flavor in those little packets and demanded Steven try it, actually I just asked him but I was forcefully fanning the packet around until he conceded.
One bite and he was sold. I grabbed about 10 packets on the way out (don’t tell Publix ?) and the inspiration began for an easy chicken dinner featuring the best honey mustard to hit my taste buds.
I promise the dish will be worth it…for those of you still reading and you could have pretty much had it in the oven in the amount of time it took you to read that story. Oops.
Let’s break down the quick and easy steps of this cheesy nutritious goodness!
Chicken Broccoli Mozzarella Bake How-to:
- Spray the casserole dish
- Add the chicken and spread on that tangy honey mustard
- Throw on the broccoli, let’s use frozen because fresh is hard. #lazygirlways
- Drizzle with olive oil and have a heavy hand with that salt and pepper
- Pop it in the oven, covered, for 20 minutes
- Check Facebook& watch the cutest baby pig video
- Slice some mozzarella or shred
- Remove the dish, uncover, add the cheese and cook uncovered for 10 more minutes
- Bask in the glory of a healthy tasty dinner being EASY
I know you are excited about that ingredient list so I wanted to throw one more tip out there for my busy friends! Short ingredient lists are very dependent on quality. So, before making substitutions on ingredients, make sure you are replacing that ingredient with your favorite.
Cheers to dinner and the ovens we love ???
Find Boar’s Head Honey Mustard in the bakery of your local grocer, or find it online: Boar’s Head Honey Mustard
*Nutritional info is based on one serving and is approximate. Any changes to the recipe will result in different nutritional content*
Please see my “Details & Thanks” in the side bar to your right for affiliate information.
- 1lb. Chicken breast (cut in 4 oz. pieces)
- ½ cup Boar's Head Honey Mustard
- 12 oz. bag of frozen broccoli
- olive oil for drizzling (about 1 tbsp.)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella (1 oz. per chicken piece or more to taste)
- salt + pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a small casserole dish with cooking spray and add the chicken.
- Spread honey mustard over chicken until coated and place frozen broccoli on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and uncover. Add cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.