Chicken Lasagna Gnocchi Skillet brings traditional lasagna flavor to an easy skillet, with lean chicken, chewy gnocchi and an entire bag of spinach! Cozy, delicious comfort food in less than 30 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links, thank you for your support!
Just wait. You will want to hug me right through the screen when you hear. You will. See that delicious lasagna saucy goodness coating lean flavorful chicken and pillowy little gnocchi? Well, you are about 30 minutes and one big ole skillet away from digging in. Let’s do it.
Chicken Lasagna Wha?!
One pot recipes happen a lot in my kitchen because –dishes. And my husband mostly takes care of the dishes so I am just being a good wife and taking it easy on him…go me 😉 Remember my Instagram story about all my DeLallo goodies I received in the mail a few weeks back? Well, a box of adorable (totally normal to call mini gnocchi, adorable. I mean just look at them) gnocchi was included and I have been itching to find the perfect recipe to enjoy it. Obviously, the wait is over because I don’t think I have ever enjoyed that pasta potato as much as I did with this easy chicken lasagna comfort food. <3
So many reasons to love
Chicken lasagna flavors without all that layering mess and hour bake time is my kinda Italian date night…on the couch, naturally. I got a little crazy and put the entire bag of spinach in the pot, then crossed my fingers that the entire thing wouldn’t taste like spinach. Umm, totally doesn’t! We didn’t even taste it! #veggiegoals
Lean chicken, loads of nutrients from a WHOLE BAG of spinach, creamy ricotta, cheesy sauce…I know you are like GIMME DA RECIPE already! But one more thing! You will love me even more <3 Our favorite DeLallo Gnocchi is 50% off right now. Yeah, no biggy, you can just get the best little edible pillows for oh, $1.75ish. *mic drop* Shop here <3
Why are you still here? GO GET YO’ GNOCCHI.
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations!
- 2lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 8oz. bag baby spinach, diced
- 24 oz. parmesan pasta sauce
- 16 oz. DeLallo mini gnocchi
- 1¼ cup low sodium organic chicken broth, divided
- ¾ cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Optional Toppings: Parmesan cheese, fresh basil
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and brush to coat the pan.
- Add chicken to pan and cook about 2-3 minutes per side or until each side is browned.
- Add ¼ cup chicken broth to the skillet, to deglaze the pan and then add spinach. You may want to add ⅓ at a time and allowing it to wilt a bit before adding more.
- Once the spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes), add the sauce, broth and seasoning and stir to combine.
- Pour in the gnocchi and set the heat to low, allowing the gnocchi to simmer for about 5-7 minutes until soft and tender and coated with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lovin’ the skillet vibe? Try these!