I’ll be honest. I didn’t know if I would make it this week…but alas we are HERE and the weekend is upon us!
I did something bad the other day that became good…VERY good.
I was in the kitchen starved and alone with cheese.
This is the bad part. And good part.
Because that liquid gold pictured above happened, which is AMAZING. But then I wanted to try Chipotle Cheese Sauce on all things in sight. 0_0
I now know that Chipotle Cheese Sauce is great on nachos, burritos, tacos, chips…as dip, roasted potatoes, on chips WITH guacamole…
I will just pretend the list ends there and let you explore more options on your own before I dive into yet another batch of this sauce and decide to make it soup.
(Note to self, explore options of Chipotle cheese sauce…soup.)
But hey, if we are all honest with ourselves there really is nothing bad that could involve cheese. Because now we all have this gorgeous sauce that we can try on e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g and life is good. And it’s Friday…so there is that.
Just let this cheesy sauce with its smokey chipotle vibes and cilantro packed flavors coat ALL your meals this weekend and you will be one VERY happy camper.
Well, maybe not on your Saturday morning pancakes…but hey, after my first encounter with this sauce…I can make no judgements.
Knock your socks off.
Friday + Chipotle Cheese Sauce = win.
Chipotle Cheese Sauce + ________________ —> mouth.
Yep. It’s gonna be a great weekend, folks.
Give yourself the gift of a creamy spicy cheesy covered weekend and make this sauce now.
Ten minutes ago would have been better, actually, because then you could be eating its gloriousness while reading.
Maybe next time 😉
HAPPY FRY-DAY w/ Chipotle Cheese Sauce!
What do you think this sauce would be good with?
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations! ?
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup Extra sharp cheddar (or any stronger variety cheese you like)
- Salt + Pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Add butter to a sauce pan over a medium heat until melted.
- Add minced garlic as well as flour and whisk until butter crumbles appear.
- While whisking, slowly add milk until completely incorporated.
- Add chopped chipotle pepper, cilantro and seasonings. Allow to simmer about 1-2 minutes until thick and bubbling and then remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese and transfer to blender or food processor and pulse until blended.
- Serve over, in or under everything.
After cooling, the sauce will thicken and may need to be heated in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds to be sauce-like again.