Chipotle Herb Baked Salmon is deliciously smokey yet chocked full of fresh herbs for a simple healthy meal great for weeknights!
I was chatting with Steven about health and what we eat plus need to improve on (more than likely while eating a frozen pizza) and salmon came up.
Steven is seriously the best supporter of a healthy eating lifestyle and the man honestly will eat anything I put in front of him hashtag blessed. I have put QUITE interesting dishes of colorful things that were barely edible in front of him and he hasn’t complained.
That being said, when the man requests something I feel very compelled to deliver!
We need more salmon in our life, baked salmon, to be exact. I can’t do the same thing over and over, so even though I love the salmon recipes I have on the blog, I gots ta’ mix it up.
I am PUMPED about this recipe. It has spice from the chipotle pepper and fresh herbs to keep things light and fresh with lemon juice + ginger to add zing and a little maple syrup to balance it all out!
Not to mention, I totally feel fancy eating it.
Do you get that?
I seriously enjoy food more if it feels all swanky, delicious and is actually lazy-girl easy. Best of ALL the worlds.
Why have I rejected the poor pink fish? Its super quick for weeknights, packed with those happy omega-3s, perfectly pairs with veggies and pasta…and it’s BAKED salmon, so no manning the stovetop (hands).
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations!
- 4 salmon fillets, 3-4oz per fillet
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. basil
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. fresh minced ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Press the salmon fillets with a paper towel to remove excess moisture and set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Prep ingredients by mincing herbs and pepper. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and spoon about a 2-3 tsps of sauce over each salmon fillet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 until flakey and enjoy immediately!
More Quick Dinners: