Yes. I know. It is becoming quite apparent that I LOVE color.
But who doesn’t?! And with summer coming to a close (already?!) I felt it was my food blogging duty to my food loving friends to provide you with as much summer in a bowl as possible!
Also, before I give summer all the credit I am
addicted obsessed efficiently using my Spiralizer on everything possible in my refrigerator.
I was genuinely saddened the other day when I had no veggies or fruits left that to spiralize that weren’t already stringy and curly. Yes…not the worst problem to have, because then I got to USE those curly cuties and drown them in sauce and roasted chickpeas.
Not complaining about that one…
And while we are talking about veggies, can I just say, this chicken loving gal is kinda loving the no meat meals? No worries guys…the cows, chickens and definitely pigs, aren’t safe by any means.
Just embracing the idea that I can be satisfied with plant life goodness on occasion!
Especially when it’s coated in smoked Gouda cream sauce. Yes. That pretty much MAKES this meal.
One can never go wrong when there is creamy sauce involved.
Even more so when it takes less than 5 minutes to create this dreamy friend to veggies.
Garlic is always welcomed in any dish of mine. If you are in denial about the end of summer as well, this dish is destined for your table.
If you don’t have a Spiralizer yet (yes, yet. Because you need one in your life asap) this dish would be just as tasty with saute veggies. Just as tasty…but not as fun. I have to be real with you guys.
Oh zoodles. You make me smile. To many a moments have been spent springing your noodle like self up and down like a slinky.
And squash + noodleness…err…squoodles??
We’ll work on that…
In the mean time, get this on your plate before summer leaves us!!!
But fall…i have many fond food feelings of you too.
Another day, y’all another day.
What is your favorite food season?
- 1 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- Drain can of chickpeas, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Add to a 400 degree oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Spiralize zucchini, squash and onion and set aside.
- BeginCreamy Gouda Sauce -recipe below-
- Place skillet back over heat and add all remaining veggies.
- Stir and allow to 'noodles' to soften slightly.
- Serve immediately.
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¾ cup smoked Gouda
- Add oil and butter to skillet.
- Once melted, add garlic and flour.
- Whisk until flour is combined and crumbs form.
- Add milk slowly, whisking constantly until thick sauce forms.
- Add chicken broth slowly until incorporated and remove from heat.
- Add chopped basil and cheese and stir completely.