I can’t believe how time has flown by and I sound like a broken record because I have said that numerous times already the past couple of weeks but it truly has and I know you feel it too!
We have been eating all kinds of healthy (and some not healthy because BUSY) but mostly healthy and getting all those veggies in our diet to help with the sickness in our house. YES. Just before our 1yr anniversary trip to…wait I didn’t tell you guys did I? How lame of me…
WE ARE GOING TO MIAMI!!! Sooo pumped.
And you guys need to tell us ALL THE PLACES to go because neither of us have a clue and decided to go with no real reason of why Miami. Have you been? Are there a billion famous spots to go that I just don’t know about? Probably. I am a bit clueless in those aspects. Help us out! Share your favorite spots in the comments!
You may hear the crickets chirping on this little blog for a few but not to fear! I will have just short of 84759038457 pictures to show you upon our return and no lack of catastrophes adventures to share.
And now that you know where we are going, you can understand why stuffing veggies has been necessary in prep of a fun week in the big city! Because let’s be honest, veggies aren’t at the top of my priority list on vacation. I know you guys aren’t like that at all…
In this veggie quest, Roasted Veggie Panini’s were born and just may have made a couple reappearances because they were that good!
First of all…recipe level: EASY✔ We are putting most of our veggies right on the baking sheet to do their thing in the oven and do a quick garlic spinach saute, stuff it all between two pieces of bread with some melty cheese to get that sticky factor and BOOM. Done. Dinner/Lunch/Breakfast…well…add and egg to it for breakfast or people might stare. Ah, I love how an egg makes everything acceptable.
Roasting veggies is the way we eat our vegetables about 90% of the time. The roasting process allows you to go on about your business while your veggies become full of flavor and all kinds of levels of delicious!
I loved how this filling panini came together! I was honestly expecting to be hungry afterwards and that made me sad and then truly felt like I was eating something at a fancy shmancy café! Steven even said, “This is actually really good…like it doesn’t even taste healthy!” Umm…thaaanks…? In Steven language…that is really saying something.
So whether its post-candy-binge-eating guilt or refusing to cook meat because it feels like the HARDEST thing ever when you are hangry, whip this lunch/dinner up to have a healthy sort of cozy satisfaction. We both know we need more veggies in our lives!
- 2 cups sliced sweet peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 ounces mozzarella
- 4 slices wheat bread
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and add rough chopped (or large slices) of sweet peppers, sliced onion and mushrooms to a baking sheet. Coat with olive oil spray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, chop spinach and add to a skillet with minced garlic and olive spray. Toss constantly till wilted (about 1-2min) and set aside.
- Slice mozzarella or shred and set aside.
- Divide vegetables evenly between two sides of bread, divide spinach and add half cheese to each sandwich.
- Spray olive oil in skillet and add each sandwich to the pan. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes per side (or until cheese has melted), spraying more olive oil before flipping to other side.
- Serve immediately.