Low Carb Stir Fry Chicken Skillet is a super flavorful Asian-inspired stir fry that keeps things low carb and full of chicken and vegetables. All made easily in one simple skillet.
This post may contain affiliate links, thanks for your support!
I've been craving all the carbs lately. Who am I kidding...that's nothing new. Pasta or pizza sounds good daily and bread is my bestie, so anytime I can create a dish that is low carb and still delightful, I count it a total win. Add in some sauciness and I am doin' a happy kitchen dance. Better yet, this is all done in one skillet. Basically, this is the ideal situation for any night of the week when hangry hits but your hips beg for no more pasta...like PLEASE 😳🙈.
Low carb > No flavor
We are holding strong to our 80% healthy routine because of dishes like this that make that 80% easier to achieve and still tasty. I thank that clearance bag of shredded cabbage for the inspiration of this dish. And now, you are confused by the state of my food loving mind, because who is inspired by a white-ish boring vegetable. But what I saw was a healthy filling vegetable that is easy to eat, becomes tender in a couple minutes and makes the perfect pairing with practically anything since it's 'flavor' (or lack there of) doesn't compete with any other flavors.
If the discount shredded cabbage isn't exciting enough, I have all the ingredients for this recipe in my cupboards about 95% of the time which makes stir fry night, an easy go to. But don't bother with that pre-made packet of sauce or the super high sodium bottled sauces, we can whip this sauce up quick and easy!
I recommend doubling the sauce recipe for you sauce-lovers...so practically everyone.
A little whisk of the following will get soaked up in every low carb bite 💚
- low sodium soy sauce
- Orange juice
- Rice Vinegar (commonly found on the international aisle)
- Garlic powder
- ground ginger
And that's it! No unpronounceable words are needed to make your stir fry livin' up with flavor!
Under 30 minutes, easy prep, all in one skillet...this low carb goodness has it ALL.
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It's my favorite to see your creations!
Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Chicken breasts (about 16oz), cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 cups, broccoli and cauliflower (a mix)
- 1 cup carrot ribbons (about 1 large carrot)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add sesame oil. Use a pastry brush to spread the oil all over the pan to coat. Add strips of chicken and cook about 2 minutes per side until browned on both sides, but not cooked through.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add mixture to skillet and toss to coat the chicken with sauce.
- Add all remaining ingredients and again, toss to combine.
- Cover and lower the heat to medium low. Allow to steam for about 5-10 minutes. You will know it is finished when the sauce has thickened and no longer a thin liquid.*
Other Skill Meals to try!