These little pita pizzas have been in the making for a while in my head. I knew rainbow colors + pizza love + pita ease needed to become a thing and they finally are! I have had so much inspiration all over the web for these goodies but there a couple in particular that I MUST share with you…but first I need to share all about the most exciting thing to come out of my kitchen all week!
Pita Rainbow Pizzas, say hi to everyone! (<-just pretend its normal to introduce your food to friends)
The first version of these guys was like fire-in-your-mouth-but-too-good-to-stop-eating-so-just-add-more-guacamole. But the current easy-on-the-eyes version you see is quite friendly for everyone [no fire extinguisher necessary].
There are SO many things I love about these pita pizzas so let’s get a listicle going because they are my favorite. #OCDmuch
Reasons to love Pita Rainbow Pizzas
- I consider pitas a fun food, I mean it comes with a pocket inside to stuff things…does it get more exciting than that?! Although I love these little guys soft texture, they achieve the most delightful toasty-crisp texture when thrown in the oven!
- I want to dive into any colorful dish! There is something about colorful food makes me feel happy and healthy [skittles are excluded from the colorful food I am speaking of, or candy in general😲]
- It doesn’t matter what the week has been like, Friday means Pizza and that can also mean killing any health conscious decisions I made all week. While some weeks, it is inevitable, others can easily be steered in the right direction with this pita fun! Total Friday night vibes here!
- As most of my favorite recipes are, these pita pizza’s are totally flexible! Feel free to change out the toppings or the bean choice or meat to suit your own flavor favorites 💛 Pizza is never wrong, no matter what.
- Don’t worry vegetarian friends! This is completely delicious without meat so feel free to keep it to veggies with sauciness or throw on some tofu!
- At least once a week we have a clean-out-your-fridge dinner. The normally taste quite delicious…some more than others! This pita is just asking you to throw on every spare ingredient! The creamy chipotle sauce will help all the ingredients work together and compliment each other.
- Last but not least, don’t forget those kiddos! If you are looking for an easy way to get your kids involved in the kitchen this would be a great opportunity. I have also heard from mamas that kids that get to be involved in the process are more likely to eat those veggies. win/win moms!
So, lets review. It is easy, flexible, tasty, pizza related & colorful. Why are we still talking again? LETS GO EAT.
Make sure you check out these ladies’ versions as well 💖 Their inspiration certainly got my creative juices flowing on these Pita Rainbow Pizzas!
- Roasted Veggie Pitas with Avocado Dip Lindsay|PinchofYum
- Spicy Chickpea & Roasted Veggie Pitas Raquel|MyCaliforniaRoots
If flatbread and pizza style meals are your thang, make sure you check out these other note-worthy recipes we loved!
- Caramelized Salmon Flatbread
- Summer Caprese Flatbread with Balsamic Reduction
- Meat Lover’s Celebratory Gourmet Pizza
*Our favorite pizza foundation options:
*Nutritional info is based on one serving (one pita pizza) and is approximate. Any changes to the recipe will result in different nutritional content*
Please see my “Details & Thanks” in the side bar to your right for affiliate information.
- 5 pitas
- ⅔ cup black beans (drained)
- ⅓ cup corn (canned or fresh, drained if canned)
- 6 sweet baby peppers
- 5 tbsp. hummus
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded pork (or any shredded meat)
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar
- 5 tbsp. Chipotle Cream Sauce (see below)
Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper (canned in adobo sauce)
- ⅓ cup plain or greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- ⅓ cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add all pitas to the pan and spread 1 tbsp. hummus on each pita followed by 1 tbsp. Chipotle cream sauce.
- Layer the meat, beans, peppers, green onions, corn and any other desired toppings evenly among the pitas and top with remaining cream sauce and cheese.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pita has toasted.
- Remove and add optional toppings [cilantro, Easy Fast Guac-recipe coming soon!] or serve as is.