Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken- super juicy buffalo spiced chicken that is perfect for meal prep all week! Add to a wrap for a quick lunch idea.
This post may contain affiliate links, thank you for your support!
Buffalo Chicken Vibes
I bring you...(drum roll please) Buffalo Chicken! Probably not all that exciting to you, since I think 95% of the population has probably had buffalo chicken before, however, I doubt you have had the juiciest, marinated pressure cooker version that made me love chicken of the buffalo again. Nope, didn't think so!
Greek yogurt and Sriracha kick up the tang in this chicken and marinating allows the yogurt to add moisture to the chicken and infuse it with flavor. Marinate over night in the zesty mixture for your buffalo sauce loving self and hit the 'poultry' button on that favorite kitchen appliance (ahem, obviously your Instant Pot). Although perfect for dinner time, I can't help but feel proud of the meal prep potential this delicious chicken has!
My mind has already wandered to so many options for this chicken and next week I will share my favorite one- Buffalo Chicken Rainbow Bowls, but in case things like buffalo chicken possibilities aren't what occupy your thoughts...(weirdo) I have listed them below to get the juices flowing!
- Buffalo Chicken Rainbow Bowls (coming soon!)
- Chicken wraps- tortilla wrap, cabbage, chicken and cheese and whatever else you have in the fridge!
- Chicken salad- substitute this chicken in your favorite chicken salad recipe for a fun twist
- Chicken garden salad- whip up your favorite blend of salad ingredients and top with this spicy chicken and ranch, because they are basically best friends.
- Chicken breakfast wraps- YES! a quick scramble of eggs, peppers, tomatoes and cheese with buffalo chicken has me thinking breakfast could be your favorite meal of the day!
So basically, it's good in and on everything and you should already have it marinating by now.
Remember to check back next week for the rainbow bowl I was going on about in Instagram Stories 😉
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It's my favorite to see your creations!
- 2lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup Frank's Wing Sauce
- ⅔ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Stir all sauce ingredients until combined and add to a gallon-sized plastic bag or container with a tight-seal lid.
- Pierce chicken with a fork 2-3 times per chicken thigh and add all to the marinate.
- Seal and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 24hrs.
- When ready to cook, remove from fridge and turn on Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and lock the lid in place, making sure the pressure release is set to 'sealing' and press the "poultry" setting or cook for 15 minutes on high in a regular pressure cooker.
- After cooking is complete, move lever to "venting" and allow pressure to release.
- Open lid and shred chicken with a fork and stir to coat the chicken with juice.
- Let set for at least 5 minutes before serving and up to 30 (depending on how much juice you want to soak into the chicken).
Love chicken as much as we do?! You should try these: