Toasted Ciabatta with sautéed chicken and veggies is a tasty option for using all your leftover veggies. Add chicken and melty cheese for the perfect dish!
Sometimes I feel adventurous. In the kitchen that is. I’m mostly a wimp with anything requiring the least bit of danger. But in the kitchen, I’m a wild woman.
This Toasted Ciabatta w/ Sauteed Chicken & Veggies was a result of such an evening.
It was Friday night and Steven and I were craving deliciousness because the start of a weekend seems to do that. We discussed the restaurant possibilities but alas this is Georgia and Moe’s is pretty much the closest option to exciting/semi-healthy eating that we have. And not to hate on Moe’s, because I know they have their following, but they are no Chipotle.
You still have a special place in my heart. Your consistent “Welcome to Moe’s” greeting always brings a smile to my face. Please continue sending me my free Birthday coupon.
Your semi-faithful follower,
Ahem. So until Chipotle is an option, we were left with a dinner void I felt challenged to fill. And after chopping and sauteing everything edible left in our refrigerator, Toasted Ciabatta w/ Sauteed Chicken & Veggies was born!
And not to toot my own horn or anything, but the hubs may have dubbed this the best.thing.ever. But what he doesn’t know (and will not be told, mkay??), is how simple this was to make. If you can chop and saute’, this deliciousness could be on your plate tonight!
I have since made a few variations of this recipe and they were all quite tasty; so feel free to alter this to your liking! I picked up a loaf of Ciabatta bread because it is our favorite and its flat structure is best for piling on ALL THE THINGS; but French or Italian bread would work as well-if you fancy that sort of thing.
But from one food lover to the other, what are your thoughts on sauce? Yes? Sometimes? Gross?
We tend to eat this in true toast style with minimal/no sauce other than a little minced garlic and oil (seen in first recipe). But I haven’t forgotten you sauce lovers! If you desire a saucy pizza spin to this Ciabatta Toast, make sure you check out the optional Garlic Cream Sauce below!
‘I have no time to slave over a sauce pan for 5 minutes; I have a LIFE’ you say?
Ah! For you my friends, I would go the traditional route with some good ole’ fashioned classic marinara. You can’t go wrong with that combo!
No matter what you choose, I challenge you! Next time you are left with that dinner void, embrace that inner wild woman/man (hi guys!), and show dinner who’s BOSS.
What do you think? Chipotle or Moe’s?
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations! ?
- 1lb chicken breast
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 medium onion
- 4oz mushrooms
- 3 mini peppers (red, yellow, orange)-for color
- ½ green pepper
- 1 large handful spinach leaves
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (reduced fat)
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 8oz fresh mozzarella
- NO SAUCE OPTION:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Dice onion, peppers and spinach into small pieces and slice mushrooms and green onions. Set aside.
- Slice chicken breast in thin strips and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp dried basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper and cook on a flat top grill or saute pan for 3-4minutes on each side or till cooked through. Let cool enough to handle and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Add onions and peppers to non-stick flat top grill and saute until almost tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, slice bread length-wise.
- **Mince garlic and add to bowl with 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 2 tbsp oil. Brush oil mixture onto both pieces of bread and set aside.** (Or see Garlic Cream Sauce recipe below)
- Add 1 tbsp butter to grill opposite side of vegetables. Once butter has melted, add mushrooms, green onions and spinach. Cook until tender.
- Layer spinach, mushrooms and green onions over bread. Then add chicken and remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, parmesan and fresh mozzarella.
- Place in 350 degree preheated oven for about 5-7min or until it begins to brown on the edges and cheese has melted.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock (divided)
- 2 sections Laughing Cow cheese (Herb & Garlic)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add garlic cloves, ¼ cup chicken stock and Italian seasoning to small food processor and blend until garlic is minced.
- Heat butter in small sauce pan until melted.
- Add flour and whisk until small pieces form.
- Add the garlic mix to the pan while whisking continuously.
- Once combined, slowly add remaining broth until all flour has dissolved.
- Cover and let simmer for 2-3mins or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Stir until blended.