I know your Facebook feed has been flooded with First Day of School pictures and all types of squash are starting to arrive at your local grocery in the truck loads…and there may even be a little breeze in the air.
Let’s pretend it is in the middle of summer and I am providing you with a lovely natural watermelon drink that will refresh you while sitting by the pool, MMKAY?!
I know I know …I am so behind but I just couldn’t let this one go!
We are pretty much just water drinkers around the house since so many juices are filled with unmentionables and every form of sugar known and unknown to man…and we won’t even discuss the whole “2% real fruit juice” statement on ALL the containers… 0_0
I do love water.
Don’t get me wrong on that one…but sometimes we are looking for that summery healthy treat to help us kick that heat which led to the creation of many watermelon drinks…one of which is: Watermelon Berry Drink!
We have loved hydrating with sweet fruity blends and get to feel great about the extra fruit we are giving our bodies!
This pretty little pink frostiness features watermelon, a cold ripe banana, some frozen fresh blueberries, lemon juice for some brightness and honey to smooth it all out! <3
We treat this as a cool beverage with a meal, but you could definitely add a lot more ice if you want a slushy-like situation. I would like to try freezing the lemon juice next time to add a tarty-ice vibe!
Oh, and the cute straw is a must.
It just is.
Happy LATE Summer 😀
- ½ Large seedless watermelon (chopped)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup ice
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice concentrate (use fresh if you have it!)
- 3 tbsp. honey (more or less, to taste)
- Chop watermelon in large pieces and add to blender, pulse until smooth.
- Pour watermelon juice through a sieve (to remove pulp) into a large bowl/pitcher and then return to blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Serve or refrigerate in covered pitcher for up to 2-3 days.
Drink will settle and separate over time while refrigerated, so always shake before serving.