I am so excited the weekend is upon us, so I am feeling extra generous today, which is why you get this creamy spicy chili gift to your eyes and (?fingers crossed) your taste buds when you make it this weekend!!?
You guys know I have always been more of a stew and chili kind of girl than brothy soups. They certainly have their place but the cold weather, the super bowl season and the general gloominess that winter brings has me dreaming up every type of chili possible!
This bowl of beauty came together as a ray of sunshine from my kitchen because it was SO easy and I got pretty giddy about the fact that it was in my face in less than 30 minutes. I love my food and I need it now.
Mom web friends?
Yes, I am talking to you. I think of you when I make these one pot dishes because I respect your need for sanity when heating up the kitchen and also for feeding ‘dose bebes ? and needing to do so simply and quickly. This recipe might as well have your name on it because all the action is in your handy dandy dutch oven which has got to be my favorite pot in the kitchen, especially right now with all that chili love I have. If you haven’t picked one up yet, your kitchen life dreams have yet to come true and you can grab yours online and have it delivered right to your lovely home!
This one is quite the winner ?
Another winner in my kitchen is DeLallo Mini Gnocchi! I have been a fan of DeLallo’s products for quite a while and with every product I try I become more supportive of their consistent quality and ever expanding product line! You should see all the different pastas they have to pick from online!?It’s a dream come true for this noodle connoisseur. Among my list of favorites are the mini gnocchi! They make the perfect bite size potato pillow in your chili soaking up all the spice and creating the cozy vibe for our chili. YES.
With all those cozy vibes you may start devouring this chili before those toppings hit the bowl! Not that I would blame you, since, -been there- but I always recommend toppings so make sure you give them a try!
We found that avocado and cheddar was the ultimate creamy addition and cilantro or green onion add great color and flavor! Hey, not that I would know, ? but all of them may be necessary.
Note: This was not a sponsored post, I just love DeLallo products and wanted to share them with you!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I will receive compensation. Thank you for helping to support this blog 🙂
*Nutritional facts are for 1/6th of the recipe or one generous serving!*
- 1 lb. chicken (chopped in bite sized pieces)
- 16 oz. DeLallo Mini Gnocchi
- 15.5 oz. Organic Northern Beans (drained)
- 7 oz. can green pepper chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. minced jalapenos (I used canned)
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Optional Toppings: Green onion, cilantro, avocado, cheese, crackers etc.
- Add chicken to a medium heat Dutch oven with olive oil and cook for 3-5 minutes until no longer pink. Stir occasionally to keep chicken from sticking.
- Add onion and cook until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients (except gnocchi) to pot and stir. Simmer covered on low for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Stir in gnocchi and simmer for 5 more minutes until gnocchi are tender and cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve.