By now you have probably seen at least 12884 recipes with zucchini + spiralizing = zoodles. I sort of have too. I think that was why I was somewhat resistant to the idea. I tend to be weird like that. Oh, everyone’s doing it? NOT FOR ME. And why would anyone choose vegetables over LEGIT noodles? Buttery warm garlicy noodles? No thanks. Pass that raw crunchy piece of zucchini my way! There is no logic or joy, I might add, in such a choice.
Why is this post titled Zoodle Spaghetti with a big ole’ picture of saucy –not noodles—you ask?
Because I CAVED.
I wasn’t happy about it either folks. That is, until I actually tried those zucchini spirals I had hated on for months. Um, HELLO?! I will just say it. VEGGIE HEAVEN.
Steven and I really try to steer clear of carbs on a regular basis (for our weight-loss’ sake), but sometimes a girl just needs her PASTA, and more than once a month! If you too have experienced this plight, try zoodles! I couldn’t believe how wonderful and satisfying this dish was sans noodles! Dare I say I forgot I wasn’t eating… pasta?
BOLD. I know.
Whether you are adding this zoodle recipe to your 12884 zoodle recipes or venturing into uncharted territory, make sure you give this twist on the Classic a try! All those colorful zoodles drowning in basil-spiked tomato sauce and ground turkey in every bite will have you saying ‘noodle wha?!’ Still not convinced?
Less than 350 calories per serving.
*drops mic and walks off stage*
Okay, I think I am done. If you are truly still reading, YOU are my favorite. Enjoy your noodles zoodles!
- I used this product for creating my zoodles. There are several on the market and because of a promo code I received this one for a VERY low price. With that in mind, I would give it 3 out of 5 stars. It gets the job done, but –amazing quality– it is not.
And with that low calorie dinner…pass the BREAD.
If you try this recipe, make sure you post a photo on the socials [Instagram|Twitter|Facebook|Pinterest] and use the hash tag #wordslikehoneycomb so we can see! It’s my favorite to see your creations! ?
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 3 small garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium purple onion (diced)
- 7 small zucchinis
- 25oz organic tomato basil sauce
- Add ground turkey to large skillet and cook until brown.
- Add sauce to skillet along with minced garlic and diced onions.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Let everything simmer for 10minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce simmers, begin to use spiralizer tool to create the zucchini noodles.
- Once complete, lay the zoodles out on several paper towels to collect excess water.
- Serve with sauce over zoodles or add zoodles to sauce and stir until combined.
- Optional Toppings: Fresh basil, parmesan cheese, fresh mozzarella
- NOTE: Add ¼ cup water if you prefer a thinner sauce.